Manage the portfolio of energy projects and Technical Assistances to ensure efficient delivery of the Bank’s mandate to support socio-economic development in relevant member countries. Supervise and provide technical oversight to Project management Specialists on day-to-day basis for implementation of projects and provide clearance on their tasks. Lead preparation and appraisals of projects and technical assistance operations, conduct portfolio quality reviews, clear project progress reports , contribute to clearance of tender documents and contracts related to implementation of the approved projects, and proactively mitigate issues in portfolio quality. Provide, as needed, technical support in shaping the Bank’s strategy and focus on energy in the covered region, including contribution to Member Country Partnership Strategy (MCPS), analytical work and programming.
Project Preparation and Appraisal
● Lead the detailed project review, preparation, appraisals to ensure comprehensive coverage of the technical, economic, social, financial, procurement, institutional and environmental aspects of project proposals in line with the operations manual and applicable policies/procedures of the bank.
● Prepare cost-benefit and socio-economic analysis of the Bank’s projects in the energy sector including preparation of financial/ economic analysis of projects;
● Effectively communicate with respective Global Practices and Chief Economist sector teams during the project appraisal task.
● Ensure all proposed modifications identified during project processing are considered and incorporated in all relevant documents for alignment of project design and approach prior to submission of project for board approval.
Develop partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to create new business opportunities and effective project delivery
Project Implementation and Monitoring
● Coordinate with respective Global Practice sectoral leads for technical assistance in all aspects across the project lifecycle.
● Provide substantial advice to executing agencies on project preparation and implementation
● Maintain project plans to ensure ongoing monitoring of project progress, pro-active identification of issues and implementation of action plans to resolve issues promptly.
● Have the knowledge of and ability to apply safeguards (environmental, social, etc.) as relevant to the energy sector projects and programs undertaken by the Bank.
● Periodical follow up on energy projects during projects implementations, including procurement stages and ensure resolving all implementations issues.
●Supervise and Capacity Development of Project Management Specialists to expedite project implementation
●Timely identification and effective mitigation of project implementation risks and bottlenecks
●Coordinate with Disbursement Officers to review disbursement requests and advise on clearance status to country management to ensure timely resolution of procurement and other related issues.
●Coordinate with Project Procurement Officers to create and efficiently implement Project Procurement Plan
Project Closure and Review
● Contribute, as required, to the development of project completion reports at the completion of each project, to ensure the problems and issues faced, the actions taken and the lessons learned are documented for reference in future projects.
● Provide input to Sectoral Teams in Global Practice, Knowledge Management and the Institutional Learning Unit to ensure lessons learned are recorded for reference in future projects.
● Provide input to Operations Quality and Results Unit regarding the operational cycle of projects to ensure necessary operational policy and procedural improvements are implemented.
- Master’s degree in Project Management, Energy, Engineering or related field.
- Ph.D. in Project Management, Engineering or related Field (Preferred)
- English (Mandatory)
- Arabic (Mandatory)
- French (Preferred)
Minimum number of years and nature of experience
- 8-10 years of experience in the development sector, including 5 years in implementing Energy Sector Projects
- Proven track record of creating Partnerships and working in Team Environments
Job specific competencies
- Building Relationships
- Client Centricity and Responsiveness
- Passion for Excellence
- Communication Effectiveness
- Team Work
- Motivation to Learn and Share
- Drive for Results
- Problem Solving
- Stakeholder Management / Client Orientation
- Business Prospecting and Origination
- Energy Efficiency Technologies and Approaches
- Energy Policy and Strategy
- Energy Sector Economics
- Energy Sector Financing
- Energy Sector Institutions
- Energy Sector Market
- Energy Sector Technologies
- Renewable Energy Financing
- Renewable Energy Technologies
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Results Management
- Portfolio Management
Regional Hub of Cairo, Egypt.
Related Jobs (85)
Valuation and Inspection Assistant – Male, Maldives on September 11, 2019
Capital Management – Abu Dhabi, UAE on September 10, 2019
Head of Customer Experience Insights and Performance – Abu Dhabi, UAE on September 10, 2019
Head of Customer Experience Management Support – Abu Dhabi, UAE on September 10, 2019
Fraud Investigations (UAE nationals only) – Abu Dhabi, UAE on April 10, 2019
Project Manager – Abu Dhabi, UAE on September 10, 2019
Accounts Administrator – Dubai, UAE on September 10, 2019
Leadership program – Abu Dhabi, UAE on September 10, 2019
Assistant – Dubai, United Arabian Emirates on September 3, 2019
Senior Sales Advisor – Abu Dhabi, United Arabian Emirates on September 3, 2019